10/20/2008

Divorce

One of my old friends from Florida is thinking of getting a divorce.
She is a beautiful person. Sweet, kind, smart, funny, with a huge heart.
I never met her husband in the many years they've been married.
I've not talked to her in detail yet but maybe she will soon tell me why they've come to the end of their marriage.

I can't imagine what divorce feels like, I can only imaging it to be a less than desirable feeling...however, as a gay man I can't help but want to have the option to divorce. I guess if I'm not allowed to marry a person of the same sex then I won't have to deal with divorce. Maybe this is the way straight people are protecting us from such heartache?

I'm an adult. I think I can handle divorce...as I'm sure my friend can if she and her husband decide to take that road.

Stay strong my friend...oh, and if you need a new husband let me know and I will go out and buy you a ring...we will have matching diamond rings like the one Mariah Carey wears.

Labels: