10/06/2008

R U A Hoarder?

I have a fascination with mental illness, mental retardation, and folk that have a different view on life based on their disabilities or ability to see, smell, hear, taste, and touch the things in this world. So when I stumbled upon this program about Hoarders I could not change the channel. These folk fascinate me...maybe because I hate "stuff" and they on the other hand can't seem to let go of it. I'm constantly giving my possessions away once I'm done with them. I've given away CDs, books, shoes, dresses, etc. I'll keeps things on my shelves for some time but after a while I feel like other people should make a home for my things. After all, I can't take my possessions with me to the after life.

I acknowledge that there are millions of Americans that suffer from hoarding but the child in me would love to rummage through a hoarder's possessions. It seems like a fun thing to do...full of discovery...so long as I don't get crushed by their possessions.

Watch this first segment on Hoarders. You'll be amazed. Click HERE

Labels: , ,