10/08/2008

Politicians: Brain and Mouth

Yesterday I was having lunch with a friend when I said something along the lines of "I hate talkers." This was in reference to people that spend a great deal of their lives talking about what they what to do with their lives but never get off their asses to actually make their words a reality.

Then last night I was watching the second presidential debate when I realized why I don't like politics. Politics is all talk. It's talk talk talk, then talk some more, try to convince people to do what you want them to do, and talk some more. Politicians are basically a brain and a mouth...well, some might argue that they are only big mouths since some politicians don't exhibit any sign of having a brain.

My point? I learned that talkers aren't the losers I thought they were...so long as they run for office.

Labels: , ,