7/26/2008

Under The Sea



Today Mike and I took a trip out to the Brooklyn Aquarium.
It was such a perfect and beautiful day for a little get-a-way.



I usually have a hard time unwinding and relaxing. My mind is always going going going.



I had a pretty good time though taking pictures and enjoying Mike's company. He loves them turtles and lobsters!!!!

I'll say this, out of all the serious thoughts I had today, one stood out the most for me at the end of the day.
I verbalized it while having a banana split mini melts.



"Mike, see, this is what I like to see [pointing at poor people with kids all around us]. These are good parents. I don't care how poor you are, a good parent puts aside a few pennies a day so they can take their kids to the aquarium once a year. It really means a lot to the kid."



I really meant that too. No matter how poor we were growing up my parents always found a way to take us somewhere nice. They showed us that there was a world bigger than the one we knew.



As an adult I tend to forget that during the bad times.
Sometimes a simple trip to the aquarium helps you remember...there is a whole world out there, and it can be beautiful.

Thanks Mike for such a wonderful day.
Mwuah.

here's a little video I made of some of today's sea friends

Labels: , , ,