7/21/2008

U Made Me Cry

I woke up this morning with this message in my inbox.

I cry like a baby every time I get emails like this.

life always gives me a reality check just as my faith in people is about to run out

I share this with you in case you need a boost today.

cheers,
-A

Dazy is amazing.
Email from an admirer:



Hey, Sweet face!

I just wanted to say that your videos have been a great inspiration to me. I'm an artist and photographer, so i'm always looking for inspiring people wherever i can find them and you, my love, are a wee gem! You've moved me to tears a couple of times and i know that may sound a bit daft but please know i'm not a particularly emotional person.. so i don't just burst into tears for no particular reason!

I know it says on your front page that you don't check your youtube messages but hopefully you'll get this. My email account is buggered right now and its causing all sorts of problems. Anyway...

I just wanted to let you know that you have given me hope. My grandmother who brought me up died after being on life support for 6 weeks (i'll never get over that), a week later, my uncle died in hospital and a month after that, someone set my flat (apartment) on fire and i had to stand on a window ledge three stories up, while having to leave my three cats in the burning building. All three are fine though, which is amazing!
Last year, tragedy struck again when my uncle accidentally ran over my 16 year old cousin, Ward, while he was fixing his haulage truck. Ward died 5 minutes after the ambulance arrived.

This is not something i do. This is only my second youtube note/email. I have barely spoken about it because i'm more of a listener - a mammy, if you will! I'm not writing to you for sympathy but you have reminded me to go back and turn these experiences into something better.
I used to do that (lets just say i had a pretty rough childhood) and was a great believer in turning bad into good karma but i lost too much in the last two years and felt i could never be the old me again. I watched your videos two days ago and have thought about your positive attitude and obvious love for human nature. I got together with a bunch of old friends last night and they all asked what the hell was wrong with me and all agreed i was more like my old self!

Your work is beautiful and so are you. Thank you, Adrian. You'll never know just how much you have helped me. I'm sorry if this all sounds a bit soppy and daft!

I hope life brings you everything you could ever wish for.

Warmest regards,

Dazy (From Scotland)

Labels: