10/27/2008

What Would Dolly Do?

I'm not one to dwell on drama but this is ridiculous.
As you may know, or you may not know, in 2005 my alter-ego Amnesia Sparkles interviewed Dolly Parton. Well, last week, I got hit with copyright infringement for using the beginning of Dolly's song "9 to 5" on a Youtube video where I play a portion of the interview with Dolly Parton.

That's right! The video had a piece of Dolly's song AND it had DOLLY on it and I still got hit with copyright infringement for using a piece of the song. Uhm, last I checked the interview was to promote Dolly's work, hence that's why I was on the phone with DOLLY!!! HELLO!!!

I'm curious what Dolly would have to say about YouTube doing this.

Needless to say I chopped off the beginning of the song out of the audio and posted the interview again.
I think Dolly would want it that way....if she doesn't, then her people have my number. She knows where to find me between the hours of 9 to 5.

I will always love you Dolly.

:-)

Labels: , ,