3/25/2008

A Genius Like Dali

"Waiting" self-portrait Jan 2006. Adrian's bedroom with a poster of Salvador Dali's face on the wall.



You may not know this about Adrian but he can read. He's got the reading capacity of a second grader but read nonetheless can he. What is Adrian reading these days? Is Adrian really reading a book in Spanish? And why is Adrian speaking in the third person when it is he who has written this?

"Diario de un Genio" by Salvador Dali is what Adrian is reading. This book is essentially Salvador Dali's (Artist/painter)journal spanning years of his life.

Adrian's always been fascinated by Dali and as he reads Dali's words he realizes that Dali used to write in the third person. How odd wouldn't you say? Who writes in their journal in the third person?

Funny enough the only time I write in the third person is when I speak of Amnesia Sparkles. It's no secret that I am her, she is my creation...although after eleven years of Amnesia's existence sometimes I wonder how much of the creation has created me.

Perhaps this is why Dali refers to himself in the third person. He has become what he has created of himself and while writing he becomes an outside narrator telling his own story. Rather egotistical if you ask me. I wonder what Amnesia would have to say regarding the matter? Let me ask her. I'll get back to you.

While I'm gone, ask yourself this question:

How much of your life do you feel you have created and how much was created by your creation/creator?

Labels: ,