3/10/2008

"Bloody Urine" or How My Body is Decomposing Right Before your Eyes

Since I have a lot to catch up on, I'm just going to cut an paste my latest email to some of my good friends explaining my near death experience ...ok, so I exaggerate a little.



Hey guy's here's an quick update.
I've been totally avoiding the phone and my emails for the past week or so due to the fact that I had zero energy.

Friday I went to my old Doctor in Sunnyside Queens. It was weird being in the old neighborhood.
Anyway, I got some good news and some bad news.
The good news is that I'm not dying...yet.
The bad news is the the doc said I was dehydrated, that would explain why my face look like a catcher's mitt. I have really low blood pressure, which would explain why I almost fainted twice in the past two weeks. I may or may not have had some internal bleeding because of the color of my poop. Poop is back to normal now thank you. And the bit of news that was my least favorite, I had a bit of blood in my urine, or as the British would say "bloody urine." On top of all that it seems I have a head cold.
So, you can say that my body is slowly decomposing before your very eyes!

They still haven't found what's going on with my digestive system and why my farts smell like a New Jersey landfill, and apparently something might be up with my heart since I have to go back this Wed to get my heart checked by some sort of machine.
Apparently getting palpitations in the middle of the night is not a good thing, especially when they are not brought on by hot sex.
I'm sure that's related to stress though, whatever.
Oh, and Wed he will be giving me the results of my blood work. I hope that all comes back ok.

Doc said I have to stay away from caffeine and alcohol which totally takes away the fun from my mornings and nights, but hey all in the name of health.

I'm still not at 100% though. I'm still blowing my nose every 2 seconds but slowly I feel like I'm coming around.
Now I have the task of returning a week's worth of email and phone calls.

I just had to let you know what's been going on so you don't think I was avoiding you because your feet stick.

big hugs,
-A

Labels: