2/17/2008

Am I Here?

Do you ever get those days where you're just not sure if you are here?
You feel like you are in a daze.
Floating.
You feel no pain...
Yet you feel no pleasure.
You are comfortably numb.
Maybe I'm feeling a little funny because
I've been thinking of my uncle's death.
He passed away two days ago.
Cancer.
I want to feel sad but I can't.
Like I told my mother,
I feel he's past the worst.
If anything hurts it's hearing mom cry.
There's nothing worse than hearing one's mother cry.
Mother's should never have a reason to cry.
I wish mother's would never have to cry.



On a positive note, I found an old drawing I made on an index card while on the subway. I can't even remember when I did this but I remember not liking it much at the time. Now I actually dig it.



I like the fact that if you turn it it's like looking at 4 different drawings.




I was listening to this song when I found the drawing.









I think listening to the song while looking at the drawing enhances the experience.




Enjoy. Life. Is. Too Short.
-A

Labels: , ,