11/06/2008

Uruguay-man in New York




"I'm an alien I'm a legal alien
I'm an Englishman in New York"

Maybe it's the fact that I couldn't vote in this past election (I'm not a U.S. Citizen) that got me singing Sting's 1987 hit "Englishman in New York."
I was only 7 years old when the record came out but I still remember listening to this song on the radio and loving it.

Not too long ago I picked up a copy of the CD "Nothing like the Sun" on a New york city sidewalk which someone had placed in a box with a few other cds and books. New Yorkers do that. They toss away little treasures in boxes and placed them on the sidewalk with signs that read "Take One."

It is true what they say, one man's garbage is another man's treasure.

Sting has been on rotation for two days now. It's amazing that an album can be so good even after 21 years.


Labels: ,