11/17/2008

A String of Light

It never fails that each week I get an email that brings me to tears from it's beauty.
The following email was sent to me from a young man named Matti C who is only 15 years old.
Although I never met him in person I can honestly say he's got a beautiful soul.

thank you Matti for making my day a little bit brighter.

-A


A String of Light
bt Matti C


Every thing I’ve ever suffered, and every thing I know,

Beaded on a string of light, to guide me back to home,

Forever every memory, emotion that I know, laced along a thread of light,

That dangles from my bones,

Implied, the sunless world inside could ever see a day,

Happiness is tightly sewn, forever beads away,

In darkness, do thus flowers bloom to care not of the sun,

They marry to the soil beds, And forever never run,

Every Hope, Heart, and Loving day, were Beaded on a string,

For miles would my happiness be sewn through glowing rings.



This is a poem I wrote, I didn’t really know how to tell you that you were inspiring just saying it wasn’t a enough. So I thought I’d show you, and I want to say thank you. There, is something about being 15yo, gay and uncomfortable about ones gender that makes it hard to connect with people.
But I when someone like you, who seems so comfortable with, Life, it gives me a whole new perspective. I don’t know, things like this, random letters of appreciation to people that you don’t know, (and they don’t know you) can often appear a little obsessive. So I’m done, I hope you get to read this.

With Love and peace
Matti C

Labels: